The Alerts feed contains all Alerts published while a user is subscribed to an Alert topic. This means:
- Alerts published before a user subscribes, will not appear in the user’s Alerts feed.
- Alerts received while subscribed will remain in the feed after users stop subscribing.
- Alerts published in the period between users unsubscribing and subsequently re-subscribing will not appear in the feed.
The Alert feed displays Alerts in chronological order, with the latest received at the top, summarising the Alert topic, Alert subject and patient name when applicable. Visual cues indicate whether an alert is unread and how many comments have been made by recipients of the alert.
To view the full details of an Alert, click on the Alert summary. Subscribers can:
- See who else has viewed the Alert.
- Add comments to, for example, request advice, confirm actions required or decisions made.
- To view Alerts, sign in to the Careflow Connect App then click the menu ‘Alerts’ icon
View Alert subscriptions
- Select Alerts in the navigation bar.
- Then select Manage to view existing subscriptions.
Temporarily disable Alert push notifications
Subscribers can choose to go off duty which stops Alert push notifications being sent to their mobile device. When in off duty mode, Alerts remain accessible to the subscriber in their Alert feed.
- Navigate to the Alerts feed.
- Select Go on duty / Go off duty.
- On duty: Header bar turns blue, users receive push notifications for new Alerts.
- Off duty: Header bar turns red, users have access to Alerts but will not receive notifications.
The Alert feed displays Alerts in chronological order, with latest received at the top, summarising the Alert topic, Alert subject and patient name when applicable. Visual cues indicate whether an alert is unread and how many comments have been made by recipients of the alert.
- Select Alerts in
the navigation bar
- Select Manage
- Select the small ‘+’
in the top right hand corner
- Choose a patient population and subscription, select a
colour for this type of Alert
- Select Create a subscription
View all Alerts published for a patient (where available)
- Click on the Patient Banner
- Select Updates
- Scroll through all Alerts published for a particular patient, including Alerts to which the user has not previously subscribed.
- This view provides clinicians with a more complete view of the critical events relevant to a particular patient, published through Careflow.
- An organisation has the ability to send an alert to you even if you have not set up a subscription to that type of alert. These alerts will appear in your feed as normal.